Saturday, July 24, 2010

Should i see a dermatologist first before i buy skin care in stores?

i dont want to waste time and money trying products i dont know that would help or not..im trying to get rid of dark circles under my eyes..they are hereditary...thanks!Should i see a dermatologist first before i buy skin care in stores?
I would definitely suggest seeing a dermatologist. It's well-worth the time and money to get an expert's opinion.





Here's my personal experience: I used to spend lots of money on acne products and just ended up frustrated for years. Finally, I decided to see a dermatologist. Turns out, I had nodular acne which can't be helped by any store-bought products. I got a prescription drug and my acne cleared up beautifully.





I've been told that there's not much you can do for dark undereye circles, but then again, I'm not a dermatologist :p





Best of luck!!Should i see a dermatologist first before i buy skin care in stores?
most dermatology products work the best because there is a better chance for you to try them for a long term.


And since we always stop using products we buy in the store because they don't work in a week or so, they never take their full effect.


so before going to the dermatologist you can ask your doctor what over the counter product you can use, and you should at least try it for full six weeks. if it doesn't than its time to go to a dermatologist for a stronger cream or even an oral prescription.
I mean unless you have good insurance you'd have a copay right, and thats anywhere from $15- $30 dollars, so that would be almost what you spend buying skin care products. I think that there are good skin care systems out there that could control your acne without going to a dermatologist, however if it is persistent after you've tried this, then go. I would recommend Clearisil Ultra, it works great for me, Neutrogena Daily Oil Free Acne Wash, and similar products with Clean and Clear. You should also look into a toner and a moisturizer. Clean and Clear makes an amazing spot treatment for persistent pimples. Good luck.
Have you thought about getting more fiber into your diet? I know it sounds weird but for me the more toxins I have in my body the darker my circles are. Fiber helps rid your body of toxins, water too, no chlorine though. I try to do things as natural as possible since the 9 different doctors didn't help our skin problems. Well, except the chinese herbalist. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment