Monday, July 26, 2010

Can I sue my dermatologist for unnecessary scarring ?

I had two dyplastic novi moles removed from back. The dermatologist did not put enough stitches in and the wounds and they both opened and healed. I now have two round scars the size of half dollars on back instead of the discussed regular linear scars. I am now very self conscience to take my shirt off in public.Can I sue my dermatologist for unnecessary scarring ?
You could of course. But how much do you think you'll re-coop from two scars on an area that is covered most of your life? I had my gallbladder removed 2 years ago and my abdomen looks like the bride of frankenstein. That's just the risk you accept with surgery; there is always some degree of scarring involved. People are getting fed up with silly frivolous lawsuits and in this economy aren't going to put much weight on what's basically a cosmetic issue. I don't mean to belittle your situation and I know it's not silly to you; I'm just telling you what I see in the courtroom everyday. What I would advise is talking to your dr - he is a dermatologist after all, this is his specialty - to see what he recommends. He may be able to lessen the indenture of the scars with some procedure. Have you tried any OTC scar therapies?Can I sue my dermatologist for unnecessary scarring ?
Yes, you can, but they can say you did not follow instructions about lifting, or physical activity for the time needed for the wounds to heal. Hard to prove and few Doc's will testify against their own. Good luck if you proceed.

No comments:

Post a Comment