Saturday, July 24, 2010

Is this antibiotic prescription that my dermatologist wrote safe?

He prescribed me antibiotics (Doxycycline Hyclate; 100mg capsules) once a day for two months?





Isn't excessive use of antibiotics bad for you? Is a low dose or something? It's for my acne.Is this antibiotic prescription that my dermatologist wrote safe?
No. It depends on how much acne you have. I took Doxycycline for 4-5 months a few years ago and I'm fine. It clears you up like magic. You'll start to notice the difference after 2 weeks when pimples aren't as inflamed and they start drying out. Then you'll want to keep taking them until every last bit is gone. The reason they prescribe it for a long period of time is because they want to make sure all the bacteria is rid of.





The only bad thing (if you're a girl) is that it might decrease certain types of contraception.





This stuff worked wonders for me and what your dermatogist precribed is normal. Good luck!Is this antibiotic prescription that my dermatologist wrote safe?
Oral antibiotics work by removing the p.acne bacteria and decreasing inflammation. However there is a big challenge today in using modern antibiotic 鈥?that is, over-prescription of antibiotic. The result is a growing resistance to these drugs which means that diseases that once could have been wiped out with a course of antibiotics may now have dire potential.





http://www.ezinearticles.com/?Acne-Treat鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment