Monday, July 26, 2010

How do I get referred to a dermatologist??

If I go to my doctor and say I wanna get referred to a dermatologist will they refer me?? Or do they need to say if i need one..How do I get referred to a dermatologist??
Go to your regular doctor and see who he request.Usually he will know a good dermatologist.Trust me I've been through this.I still am.How do I get referred to a dermatologist??
It depends on the type of insurance you have. HMOs require to get referrals from the primary care physcian, other plans such as PPOs do not. If you don't need the referal, get a list of participating dermatologists in your area from your insurance company. Or if you already know one, call his office and ask if he accepts your insurance plan.
Yep, your doctor will refer you to a dermatologist and the doctor's office will make sure that your insurance covers the one they send you to. Just tell your doctor what the problem is that you think you need to see a dermatologist for!
Why do you need a referral for a dermatologist? Have yu checked with your insurance company and made sure they require this? I have never heard of needing a referral for a dermatologist.
The best thing to do is just to call a dermatologist and ask them how they handle things. I've never heard of one requiring a referral.
  • moon drops
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment