Monday, August 23, 2010

If i go to a dermatologist will they automatically prescribe me accutane?

i really want to go on accutane, my skin has always been not too bad, nothing i thought i had to worry about but now, its worse and im embarassed to leave my house, but some people would say its not too severe... so im wondering if i go to a dermatologist, which would be my first time, will they automatically prescribe me accutane, or will it be hard to convince them? i really dont want any creams or anything because i cant really wear them during the day because of my makeup... If i go to a dermatologist will they automatically prescribe me accutane?
Creams and various other oral meds should be tried first. Creams are usually put on before bed so shouldn't cause a problem with makeup. Please put off accutane as long as you can the side affects can be devastating. While it works for some people it can trigger depression in others. That's what happened to my nephew and unfortunately he killed himself. Make sure you are aware of all side affects of any meds they put you on it could save your life.If i go to a dermatologist will they automatically prescribe me accutane?
ok, to take accutane is a very serious this, it's not just like okay try this. derms will only prescribe this if they only feel it's necessary b/c the side effects are very VERY serious. it sounds like you really don't have that bad of acne, you admitted it yourself. there are creams out there where you can wear make up. there are actually several. accutane takes forever to work and a lot to do to take it. i am assuming your a girl (your pic) you have to get blood work, take 2 pregnancy tests (can cause severe fetal damage). most derms are very hesitant to start pt's on accutane b/c it could possibly ruin their practice, if someone hurt themselves on it.
More than likely they wont give it to you right away and if you have never tried anything else before, i suggest trying something not as severe. I was on accutane and had to convince my dermatologist after trying many other things. Accutane can be complicated and has many side effects. I did fine on it besides the fact that i had really chapped lips, but other people werent as lucky. I suggest trying a few other things first, especially if your acne isnt that bad. If you have any other questions about it let me know. Good luck!
you won't be able to convince them


it would be against the law for them


accutane kills your liver


so check out the side effects


and get more information before


you go see a dermatologist

No comments:

Post a Comment