Monday, August 23, 2010

How do I get a dermatologist?

My acne is getting really bad and I want to get help. The first time, my doctor referred me to a dermatologist and he just prescribed some acne lotion for my nose and said to come back within 3 months if it doesn't work. I didn't go back. Now do I have to go back to my family physician and get another referral or what? What should I do?How do I get a dermatologist?
Hey,





When i was younger i had really bad acne. I went to the doctors the same as you and they prescribed me some topical lotion the same as you and told me to go back if it didnt help. I went back, and they then put me on some antibiotics which really helped for a while.





If you have already had a referral then you shouldnt need to go back to your GP, so call the hospital directly *dermatology department) and say that you want to book another appointment. Once youve had the initial referral you dont need another one....





Go back to the dermatologist and say that it hasnt worked, and that its really affecting you. Anti-biotics might be the next step for you, but it really clears your skin and you'll feel so much better.





Good Luck !

No comments:

Post a Comment