Monday, August 23, 2010

How do I get my doctor to refer me to a dermatologist? are reluctant but it does not cost them anything.?

I am 22 and had not got spots regularly for a few years now but recently I have started getting them again. I get very big spots on my cheeks in symmetry, I get one big red spot on one cheek a few days later it will come on the exact same place on the other side, they are really and leave big red marks, it took years for other marks from this condiction to fade a little bit, but don't want adult acne heard the marks for this are really bad with no fading etc.





Does it cost the surgery? I heard they can't be bothered filling paperwork in. Also I personally haven't been yet am expecting a no because a friend had very bad spots and they tried to talk her out of it.





It's not normal for people my age to start getting red spots that are very big, that sting a bit and are infectious, it's not an allergic reaction or anything in case you are wondering I always had spots like these in the past but I though I had seen the last of spots, they are bigger than my head.How do I get my doctor to refer me to a dermatologist? are reluctant but it does not cost them anything.?
if your gp will not help you, find another doctor who will... sometimes doctors at the walk-in-clinics care more for their temporary patients than the person's gp..How do I get my doctor to refer me to a dermatologist? are reluctant but it does not cost them anything.?
you'll probably grow out of that. A doctor doesn't have to ';refer'; you to dermatologist...just look in the yellow pages of your phone book and choose one that's near you, set an appointment and get an opinion.
you make no sense. talk to your doctor.
are we talking large acne? very painful and infected? sounds like cystic acne. you really don't need a dermatologist for that, especially if it's only a few. you're still very young. it could be hormonal. i get them when my period is due and i'm 46. by the way, what surgery are you talking about?
Cry when you talk to him. Tell him the spots are ruining your life. Change doctors if he won't help you.
Maybe you are expecting resistance where it will not come. Just because your friend had a problem, it does not mean you will. Explain your concern to your doctor, pure and simple.





The doctor will listen and respect you if you are honest and if you also listen. Do not be demanding, just open.





Good luck with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment