Friday, August 20, 2010

Do you have to get a doctor to refer you to a dermatologist?

I THINK I have a mild case of rosacea... my grandpa had it pretty bad and I don't want to wait till it gets really bad...


Can I go to a dermatologist or do I need a doctor's referal first?


I live in Canada, if that helps.


thanks for answering.Do you have to get a doctor to refer you to a dermatologist?
I also live in Canada and to be honest I am not completly sure. Last year I wanted to go to a dermatologist for acne, but my mom said that I needed to go to my family doctor first and if she felt I needed to see a dermatologist then she'd refer me. My family doctor ended up giving me medication for it so I didnt need to see a dermatologist. I would call your family doctor or go see him/her and explain to them your situation because maybe they can give you something.Do you have to get a doctor to refer you to a dermatologist?
You should be able to schedule an appointment with a dermatologist with out a doctor's referal.
It depends upon what insurance you have. Sometimes you have to go to your physician first. I would call your insurance company to find out.
I'm not sure how canadian health care works. In the states some insurance companies want you to get referred and others will let you make your own appointments.

No comments:

Post a Comment