Friday, August 20, 2010

Going to see a dermatologist to prepare for wedding?

I'm getting married in November and Im just wondering when I should start seeing a derm to get on a good skincare regimen and start getting facials and that kind of stuff? I have occasional breakouts.. mainly in the chin area.. and I have large pores next to and on my nose.. and my skin seems to get irritated easily.. even with moisturizers like cetaphil and oil of olay for sensitive skin. Any thoughts, stories, or opinions would be greatly appreciated!!Going to see a dermatologist to prepare for wedding?
I don't think it's necessary to see a dermatologist for a few breakouts, but it's your money to spend. If you do go, start way in advance in case they really mess up your skin. You want to give it time to heal.





As for skin irritation, stop using all the lotions on your face. You really don't need them either. For large pores, every night wipe your nose and next to it with a few cotton balls with rubbing alcohol on them. Just don't get in your eyes or nostrils.Going to see a dermatologist to prepare for wedding?
worry about the big stuff not the small ones
It sounds like a good idea, just don't overspend! Lol!
Most treatments for acne take a minimum of 3 months to really see consistent results. Also remember that some of the treatments such as the oral antibiotics make you more prone to sunburn, so if you're planning a tropical honeymoon that may be a problem. And some acne meds require that you not get pregnant for many months even after discontinuing them. But a good dermatologist can take all these factors into consideration and set you up with the best skin care regimen and treatments.
3 to four months b4... gives you time to try different things
start going as soon as possible... that way you can make your skin healthy and get it reagular and what not just make sure not to do any peels or anything at least 2 weeks before your wedding. the dermatologist will tell you what creams and stuff you need for your skin just ask a lot of questions.
the sooner you start the sooner you'll see results. also, dermatology isn't an exact science, and your regimen will need to be tweeked to get it to do what it needs to do. you may have some minor set backs at first, so doing it sooner rather than later would be a good idea. good luck!
I LOVE proactiv, I only had the occasional breakout and it has made my skin flawless! I did take about 2 months for it to ';fully'; work
Honestly, I would try ProActiv - just give it a month even. I went to the dermatologist for years (probably 10 years) and there was obviously improvement but I always complained to the doctor that I wanted it to be ';perfect'; if I was using so many products... when I started using ProActiv instead of my other prescriptions it was the huge difference I was looking for. I will admit I don't know anything about facials and their results, but if you are going to go to the dermatologist I'd start as soon as possible because a lot of times you'll have to make alterations to the program and he'll want you to try something for a month or 6 weeks before deciding if it's what you need. Hope I helped :-)
The only thing I know is that I have been told that you should not get a facial right before the wedding...not sure why...thats all I know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment