Monday, August 23, 2010

How do I become a Dermatologist?

I'm 17 and I really want to become a Dermatologist. I haven't done too good in high school but I'm definitely going to do better my senior year(which is this year). I want to go to a community college for a year or two(in Florida) since it's cheaper and then apply to a UF, UM, or FSU. Is it bad to go to a community college first? What should I do? And What classes should I take?How do I become a Dermatologist?
texier,





You need to be careful on who you listen to on this website.





People can give you bad advice. Like the one previously before me, she said that you should major in pre-med. Well, to tell you what, there is NO SUCH thing as a pre-med major. Pre-med is more of a route or journey you take in order to get into med school. This route consists of class requirements such as





1 year of biology





1 year of general chemistry





1 year of organic chemistry





1 year of physics





1 year of english





1 semester of calculus





and other humanities courses depending on the med school of your choice.





Look, high school doesn't really matter much when you are applying to med school.





What matters is what you will do in college. You'll need to gain experience in the medical field by either volunteeering or working in a medical setting. This way you can write in your personal statement on why you want to be a doctor so bad.





As for after high school, I recommend that you go straight to university. JC is a waste of time and you may not be able to get your classes. Also, it feels too much like the 13th grade instead of college.





If you have any more questions, feel free to email me.





http://www.pre-med.infoHow do I become a Dermatologist?
Med school....... good luck. You need really good grades and lots of $
You have to major in pre-med and then go to medical school. Dermatologists are medical doctors.

No comments:

Post a Comment