Monday, August 23, 2010

I have very fair skin which turns red way too easily.. is there something a dermatologist can do?

I use some acne medications which may be the reason, but even if I stop using them my face still ill say blushes easily. Iduno if roseacea could be what it is. Like I won't be embarrased but ill still turn red, and when Im active like with running still the same issue..


would a dermatologist be able to give me anything to help with this?I have very fair skin which turns red way too easily.. is there something a dermatologist can do?
I am very fair too, and that is why its so noticeable. Unless its rash like and red, then no, not much you can do about it. I turn bright red when i go running, no more than anyone else, but because I am so fair, you can notice it more than my BFF who is super tan.I have very fair skin which turns red way too easily.. is there something a dermatologist can do?
I've been using Cindy Crawfords Meaningful beauty products and I hve roseacea, ever so slightly. On me it looks more like blush. But either way this stuff rocks and even my husband said my skin looks more even and less red. It seems to work and it costs me 39 a month for the face wash, lotion, evening lotion, mask, and eye creame. YOu can't beat that.
Yes a dermatologist would be able to help.


But, also just so you know, there are Aveeno lotions and face washes that can help. They even out skin tones and help with redness in the skin.
I have fair skin also, and I had the same problem. I also began to develop some ugly ';pimples';, and I am 56 years old.





I went to a dermatologist and he said I have roseacea. He initially prescribed antibiotics for the pimples, and metronidazole cream to be applied twice a day.





The pimples have gone and I still apply the cream. The cream has kept the pimples at bay. My face does still tend to get red. To combat the redness, avoid alcohol, spicy foods, and too much sunlight.





A dermatologist can definitely help. Please see one. Left untreated, roseacea can lead to broken blood vessels in the nose and the development of a nose like W.C. Fields (I hope you are old enough to know who he is, if not, find a picture of him on line).

No comments:

Post a Comment