Monday, November 21, 2011

Have you been to a Dermatologist before?

I've been referred to see a dermatologist next week by my doctor for my first consultation, and I'm not actually sure what to expect? I'm a bit scared actually lol. Do they take blood samples or what? Or is the first appointment just a chat or something?





Any information will be greatly appreciated! Thanks xHave you been to a Dermatologist before?
I was referred to the Dermatologist last year and you will be so happy you did.


My skin is near perfect now (the only down side is where the spots were around my nose, i now have quite big pores, but better than spots!)





Basically, they have a chat with you, tell you the side effects etc etc.


Then you have a blood test and cos we're girls we have to give urine samples cos the tablets (i had roaccutane) are really harmful to babies, so they have to make sure your not pregnant.


Then assuming your not pregnant they give you the medication, You get it at your first appointment, well i did anyway, i'm sure it would be the same.





You'll have better skin in no time :)





♥Have you been to a Dermatologist before?
I have been under the regular care of a dermatologist for many years. I have a skin condition called Rosacea which is similar in appearance to acne but unlike acne never goes away. I take antibiotics and use topical's as well. Because I'm a male Rosacea affects me worse than it does females. It is for that reason that I developed a secondary condition called Rhinophyma which has required surgery.





I suspect your visit will be for acne related conditions. Although there are many reasons, I suspect acne is the top reason for visiting a dermatologist. If I'm correct in my assumption your doctor will most likely not take any blood samples but if you have active lesions he might take a sample of the pus from one or two for culture. That will help him determine which antibiotics and topical's will be best for you over the long run. After you've been on medication for a while he will most likely order a blood test to make sure the medications aren't causing any unseen damage to your internal system. At my age I have my blood tested once a year. When I was young it was twice a year.





I hope my experiences will be of some benefit to you. There are lots of good skin medications on the market today so once you start your treatment your problems should diminish fairly quickly. If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them for you. Good luck.
Ya ,


even I was scared my first time,


I went ,cause I had this acne problem,but thanks to the doc.that I don't have it anymore now.


All they asked was about my food habbits,


and they suggested me not to take sweets and oily stuff etc etc.


and asked about my cycles ,just to know ...cause hormonal imbalance is the cause of acne and pimples ,so they just wanted to know about it .and then they examined my pimples and and gave me the medicines.


and told me the date of my next due visit.


and that was all about that appointment.


And I didn't need to go again, cause I was alright!


Good Luck to you!


Hope for the best!


additional- They didn't take any blood sample!


and i was so happy that they didn't ,cause I am so scared of those needles !!
Yeah.


She keeps giving me things that don't work. She just guesses and prescribes. Thats it. Shes also a half hour late on some appointments, then got mad at us for being 5 minutes late once. Lol.


Hopefully, that's just mine.
no haha no blood samples, it really depends on what part of your skin your going for, they take skin samples and stuff, nothing hurts, they put on gels and stuff.
No.I have perfect skin.
star :)





I'm going next week for the first time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment