Monday, November 21, 2011

Are minors allowed to ever go to the dermatologist alone?

I used to go with my mom when I was young. But now it would be awkward if I go with her because I am a 15 year old guy....and it's been a long time since I went and my skin is going rough right now.








Do you think minors are allowed to go without any adult?Are minors allowed to ever go to the dermatologist alone?
you don't want your mom to watch a lady pop your gross face?Are minors allowed to ever go to the dermatologist alone?
I believe your mom has to accompany you to any doctor's office, as you are a minor and cannot sign your own consent forms for treatment. That has to be done by one of your parents, but you should be able to go into the actual exam room alone while she waits in the waiting room.
What I did with my son was I spoke to the doctor and he saw my son alone then phoned me with the details. This enabled by son to speak freely with the doctor without my hovering over him. Ask your parent to set up the same arrangement.
I think your mom should go with you, but shouldn't be in the exam room. She can talk to the doctor about your conditions, prognosis, and treatments after the exam.
Just tell your mother that. Sounds like you are old enough to be aware of inappropriate touching so I would believe that you are old enough to see the doctor alone.
Yes, but there's no reason to be awkward. You're not the first fifteen year old with involved parents to need to see a Dermatologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment